120g loose leaf tea in refillable Pluck Tea glass jar. Approximately 60 servings. Available for refill in store.
Tasting Notes: Layered with notes of wild raspberry and blueberry, this caffeine-free rooibos tea was inspired by our founder’s early childhood foraging adventures on the Canadian Shield. Delicious hot or iced.
Ingredients: Rooibos, Dried Blueberries, Dried Raspberries, Goji Berries, Calendula Petals, Raisin and Apple Pieces, Cornflower Petals, Hibiscus Petals, Elderberries, Natural Flavour.
Health Benefits of Rooibos Tea:
- Rooibos is naturally caffeine – free, and this tea’s natural sweetness can reduce cravings for sugar – all for around three calories per cup
- Rooibos is high in vitamin C, which supports immune health. It also contains calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc, and AHA (alpha hydroxyl acid)
- Rooibos contains powerful polyphenols and flavonoids, which are effective anti – oxidants that have been proven to reduce inflammation and cell damage from free radicals
- Rooibos has been shown to reduce histamine response to environmental allergies, as it includes specific bioflavonoids that can block histamine response.
- Rooibos has been shown to improve skin conditions such as eczema and acne
- Rooibos is naturally low in tannins, which makes this tea a perfect alternative to traditional green and black teas (which can cause stomach discomfort for people sensitive to tannins)
Founded in 2012 by certified tea sommelier, member of the Tea Association of Canada, and passionate entrepreneur Jennifer Commins. She travels the world sourcing premium tea leaves from sustainable sources and is fiercely dedicated to celebrating local flavours by sourcing quality ingredients from nearby farms, and by developing unique and special blends inspired by the regions and cities she loves most. Ingredients like Prince Edward County Lavender, Muskoka cranberries, blueberries, and grape skins from Southbrook Vineyards in Niagara. The result: one-of-a-kind premium teas that offer a truly unique and delicious taste of place.
Pluck Tea was thrilled to have been honoured by the international tea community at the 2017 Global Tea Championship with the silver medal for our Verbena Blues tea – a tea with locally grown lemon verbena that changes colour – and that challenges the notion of ‘tea as usual’.
Recognized by the Tea Association of Canada and the US, with the Sustainability Award at the North American Tea Conference in 2018.
Runner - Up - NOW Toronto’s Reader’s Choice 2016 - Best Tea in Toronto